Thursday 6 January 2011

Getting going with 2011

I always find the first week after New Year a bit of a trial. It's particularly bad this year, since Christmas on Malta proved so enjoyable. Suffice to say that we left Liverpool John Lennon International at 7am with the temperature around -10, and the next morning we were gazing from the fortifications of Mdina in bright sun and a rather less challenging 20 degrees. Here's what it looked like.





I love England, but must say that having left the country and flown south for Christmas for the first time, I have a better appreciation of why so many birds migrate.

Howsomever, here we are, back in dear old Blighty, faced with the challenges of a new year, and indeed a new decade. I have made the usual New Year resolutions - mostly to do with self-indulgence - and will be getting down to them next weekend. I can never face getting back to work after Christmas as well as bodily self-denial. Yes, I'm worthless and weak. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment