Monday 21 June 2010

Lord, what fools these mortals be












It seems no more than a couple of pints ago that I noted the winter solstice, and here we are at the summer one. Who - as they say - knows where the time goes?

I've only seen Stonehenge once, and that wasn't under the best of circumstances, stuck as we were in a traffic jam on the A303 caused by people slowing down to look at Stonehenge. Mrs QO, who was driving and therefore waiting for her first drink, said something quite unrepeatable. But one day I'd like to go back and have a proper look. It's a shame that the plans for improving the site have had to be axed but it's been around quite a while, so I expect it'll still be there when things pick up.

And we can of course still celebrate it in song. I leave you with Spinal Tap. Nobody does it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment